• An Image Slideshow
  • An Image Slideshow
Hrady a zámky

Chateau in Šenov

google maps

This chateau was supposedly built in the second half of 16th century in renaissance style. During 300-year time it had been inhabited by members of an important noble family the Skrbenský from Hříště and Šenov. The most famous among them is considered Karel František Skrbenský, d.c. chamber counsel and a chamberlain, a provincial marshal and a marshal of Těšín princedom, a builder of the Temple of Divine Providence. The chateau consisted of widely closed brick two-storey building with 24 rooms, a bountiful library and precious paintings. Since the 60's of 19th century it had not been inhabited and slowly decaying since then. Among others, due to Hungarian forces stay in 1917. Since 1927 till the 50's of 19th century it was gradually demolished. From a previous large chateau area there was left only a building of a former caretaker, dated most likely from 17th century and today, it is an art grammar school which was developed by Šenov town in September 1994. Building facades pride with a graffito by a painter V. Wünsche.


Mansion in Hnojník

google maps

The mansion dominates the village and it is a cultural site of architecture and a proof of former nobility dwelling. Builders of the original building are not known, though today?s preserved building had been ordered to be built by Karel Václav Beess from Chrostina in the 18th century in a baroque style as a two-storey building. In the first half of the 19th century, the mansion was rebuilt in a Silesian empire style according to a plan of the Viennese architect Josef Kornhäusel and by the end of 19th century there was annexed a third floor. The mansion used to be a residence of the Beess family, the country estate owners who in winter time used to stay in Vienna and for summer they were coming to stay in Hnojník. The squire George Beess was the last member of the family to stay and live there. Most of the family members had reached their carriers in professional and courtly authorities within the Těšín princedom in 18th and 19th century; and they had stayed there even after the decline of Austria-Hungary era. On the local catholic cemetery, the Beess family had their family crypt built and many of them were buried there. After 1945 the Beess' property was confiscated. And after 1948 the last parts of the mobiliary where moved to depositories of the Šternberk castle in Moravia where it stayed until 1999. By the act of nationalization ends more than 200-year era of this mansion which still remains as a silent witness of the old times and orders when the Beess family from Chrostina had belonged to the important Silesian nobilities and significantly had made a mark in the history of the Těšín princedom. Nowadays, this highly decayed mansion is being under construction by his new owner.


Hunting lodge in Bílá

google maps

This lodge can be found on the east side of a foothill recreational village Bílá. It was built in 1906 by an Olomouc archbishop as his relaxing place with hunting possibilities in the wide surrounding forests. This is a wooden lodge with a shingle roof and it has kept its appearance till these days. Recently, a guest house has been built up next to it. Around the lodge you can join the green tourist marker leading to the south towards the valley of Velké Smradlavé and to the northeast towards the middle of Bílá village.


Former hunting lodge in Pražmo

google maps

On the right from the cemetery over the road, there used to stand a wooden hunting lodge of the count Pražma. It was built in 1660. Its real appearance is not known. Although we can imagine how it looked like from the ground plan marked and preserved on the map of Těšín region from 1780 and also its descriptions captured in a local chronicle. Therefore, we can only assume that the lodge had two floors. There were eight rooms, chambers, a kitchen, a tower with chapel and two sheds. Next to it there used to be a kennel and a cold storage for preserving of hunted animals. Apparently, the lodge was founded by František Eusebius the count from Oppersdorf, the son of George from Oppersdorf- the builder of a chapel on Prašivá. There are no facts about the lodge disappearance. Before 1798, when the Pražmas were the owners of the Frýdek dominion, there were rented flats for 5-6 families of the masters' employees and also servants used to live there. The last quote about the lodge dates back to 1804 but on the cadastral map of Pražmo from 1836 this lodge had not been marked already. On the wooden information board, made in the carpentry room of Mr. Bakota, there you can look at a probable layout of the lodge in the past.


Hukvaldy Castle

google maps

Place: 739 46 Hukvaldy

Contact: +420 558 699 323

The first mention of the castle dates back to 1285. In the following four centuries the Olomouc bishops extended it to a powerful forestry with five-cannon bastions, which were proved during a blockade by the Danes and a two-time siege of the Swedes in the last period of the thirty-year war. After the fire in 1762, the castle had been decaying. Nowadays, there are partly renovated castle ruins, one of the biggest in the Czech Republic. A castle silhouette is underlined by long castle walls with bastions that are surmounted by the remains of dwelling buildings. To enter the castle, you go through a gate in a sidelong castle wall over a moat with a necessary draw bridge. Inside, the castle consists of three building wings connected by outside walls with a tower. In the east wing there are preserved first-floor rooms. The west wing had served as a bishop residence. In the adjacent game park you can take walks around. This park had also inspired the Czech musical genius Leoš Janáček. Therefore, in the game park is annually held an international music festival ?Janáčkovy Hukvaldy?. There were performed all Janáček's operas as well as operas by Bedřich Smetana and Antonín Dvořák. Above all, the opera Nabucco by Giusseppe Verdi has been staged there, too.

<< Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>

Page 2 of 2
© Region Beskydy, všechna práva vyhrazena
vytvořeno eABM s.r.o.
  • Čeština (Česká republika)
  • English (United Kingdom)
  • Deutsch (DE-CH-AT)
  • Polish (Poland)