• An Image Slideshow
  • An Image Slideshow


google maps

Paskov lies to the north-west of Frýdek-Místek. It lies on the historical border of Moravia and Silesia in the Moravian part of the Beskydy region. The first preserved written record about Paskov dates back to 1267. Until the end of Second World War it was a seat of middle nobility, which gave it its historicist style similar to small towns. Paskov lies on the crossing from the industrial agglomeration of Ostrava to Beskydy. At the end of 1980?s Paskov was the most industrial village in former Czechoslovakia.

Well-known entomologist Edmund Reitter also lived, worked and died in the village in 1920. His collection containing about 30 000 exhibits is placed in Natural historical museum in Budapest. There is a metal memorial plaque on the building where he lived in Nádražní street.


Objects of interest:

- St. Lawrence Church

- Square with statue of St. Florian

- Castle with entrance building to the castle area and castle chapel

- Statues of St. Sebastian and St. John Nepomucký in front of the entrance in the castle

- Statue of Tomáč Garrigue Masaryk in front of the local council building

- Wooden contribution garner

- Chapel of Elevation of St. Cross in local part Oprechtice

- Castle park partially included amongst protected territories of Natura 2000

- Statues in castle park


Leisure time:

- Sports ground with artificial surface

- Cycle paths



Former castle and castle park in Paskov.

The castle and castle park is nowadays in a relatively well-preserved condition; it is separated from the village by a single-storey prolonged area before castle with a high tower in the middle. There is a clock installed on the tower. In front of the entrance in the castle area we will find ecclesiastical statues of St. John Nepomucký and St. Sebastian. Baroque castle was built in 1640 ? 1646 in the era of Václav of Vrbno, probably in place of a former fortress. The castle was gradually property of many noble kins and in 1869 count Morice of Saint Genois had it rebuilt after fire in its present form of four winged castle with mansard roof and neo-classicist facade. After the Second World War in 1945 the entire property of the last owner Otto Stolberg was expropriated and the castle was adapted to a hospital. Thus not only its mission changed but to a considerable extent also the historical principle of the building was influenced.




foto foto

© Region Beskydy, všechna práva vyhrazena
vytvořeno eABM s.r.o.
  • Čeština (Česká republika)
  • English (United Kingdom)
  • Deutsch (DE-CH-AT)
  • Polish (Poland)